Landvogteischloss (Bailiff’s Castle)
The foundation walls of a defense tower that can be seen today in the Landvogteischloss (Bailiff’s Castle) date back to the 13th century. Other parts of the building and a stairwell were added starting from the end of the 15th century. The Landvogteischloss (Bailiff’s Castle) was the seat of the administration and residence of the Swiss Confederate bailiffs of Baden until 1798. In the 19th century, it was used, among other things, as a school, hospital and prison, and has been a museum since 1913.
Further information: Baden Museum of History (only in German)