Various historic buildings can be visited in Baden in addition to the diverse recreational opportunities. A selection of these sights include:
- the City Tower, which served as a district prison until 1985
- the ruins of Stein Castle on the Schlossberg
- the covered wooden bridge over the river Limmat
- the "Landvogteischloss" (Bailiff's Castle), was the seat of the administration and residence of the Swiss Confederate bailiffs of Baden
- the city and circular wall, which once surrounded "Oberstadt" and "Halde"
- the "Löwenbrunnen" (Lion's Fountain), a fountain with a lion statue
- the Christmas lights, which illuminate part of the city during Advent season instead of the usual street lights.
You can also listen to many fascinating insights about Baden during one of our city tours.
Individual discovery tour
Further ideas with an interactive map for an interesting individual city trip in Baden can be found at the following website: www.badenurbanstories.com