Conferences and congresses
Bound by tradition
The city of Baden not only has a 2,000-year-old thermal bathing tradition, but also a long and proud history as the site of meetings and conferences. Under the Roman Empire, the legionaries met in Aquae Helveticae to bathe. In the Middle Ages, the bathing town became a meeting place and consequently the unofficial capital of the Swiss Confederation. The city gained an international presence after hosting the European peace conference in 1714 that led to the Treaty of Baden, during which Baden held months of meetings between delegates from all over Europe.
Exceptional infrastructure for every requirement
Today, Baden continues to be a popular meeting place and conference location in the centre of Switzerland’s largest economic area, attracting well over 100,000 visitors each year:
- Exceptional infrastructure for events of all kinds and sizes
- Well-connected to public transport and the national road network
- Superb array of hotels, culinary and cultural offerings
- Individual consultation and the organisation of your event from a single service provider
Baden has everything you need for a successful event, whether you’re planning short workshops, one-day seminars, multi-day meetings or a conference, congress or major event. An overview of the various locations and more interesting information can be found in the Conference brochure [pdf, 7.62 MB].
We are always happy to help.
Conferences & Congresses
Bahnhofplatz 1, CH-5400 Baden
Tel. +41 56 200 87 87
Good reasons to meet in Baden
- Quick and easy to reach and everything within walking distance
- 15 minutes by train from Zurich’s main train station and directly to the airport in 27 minutes
- Perfectly integrated into the motorway and public transport networks
- Centrally located train station and lots of parking options
- Conference rooms, restaurants, hotels, event venues and recreational areas within walking distance
Conference rooms with character
Would you like to
- hold a conference with your executive board in the family dining room of pioneering industrialist and BBC co-founder Charles Brown?
- host an inspiring seminar in Villa Boveri with a view of the Botanical Gardens?
- stage your association’s annual meeting in one of Baden’s unique hotels?
- greet your congress guests with a view across the rooftops of some of the world’s leading companies?
- host a banquet between the glamour of the “Grand Jeu” and the serenity of the Kurpark?
- take advantage of the industrial flair of the Trafo halls for your major event?
- or simply enjoy an invigorating supporting programme during your meeting in Baden?
We’ll find just the right venue for you. Baden and the surrounding region is an ideal location regardless of the size of your event. It boasts numerous conference facilities, hotels and additional activities to suit every taste: Overview of the major congress and conference rooms.